Eight Major Elements Of Computer Security
National Institute Of Security Technology (NIST) lists 8 major elements of computer security
1. Computer security should support the mission of the organization.
2. Computer security is an integral element of sound management.
3. Computer security should be cost-effective.
4. Computer security responsibilities and accountability should be made explicit.
5. System owners have computer security responsibilities outside their own organizations.
6. Computer security requires a comprehensive and integrated approach.
7. Computer security should be periodically reassessed.
8. Computer security is constrained by societal factors.
Effective security is composed of life cycle components, security policies, perimeter defenses, and disaster effectiveness plans. An analysis can determine if your security protect your critical systems and data. Even networks that are offline can be breached, and may incite person to find your confidential data.